What is New ?!
New res command:
- New SINGULAR type
Supports lazy computation of properties of resolutions
- SINGULAR provides three different means to compute
resolutions: Iterated syzygies, Schreyer's method, La Scala's
- Behaviour of algorithms can be influenced by various
- Heuristically choses "best" method to compute
- Based on experience: Faster computations in most cases,
slower in some
- Implemented in SINGULAR programming language; contained in
new library standard.lib
See the SINGULAR manual for details.
- Resolution computations in 1.2 are much
faster than in 1.0 (up to a factor of 20)
- Efficiency is similar to that of Macaulay 2