Links: data type, realize communication
channels, i.e., something SINGULAR can read to or write from.
- Acii text
- any data can be written; read/write is not the fastest, but the
- DBM (Standard Unix database)
- provides access to data stored in a data base
- MP file
- stores data in binary and very compact format Multi
Protocol (MP) format; read/write is very fast
- MP TCP (Socket based, Client/Server links)
- exchanges data in binary format (MPP) between processes (on the
same or different computers); data exchange is very efficient
- SINGULAR can currently communicate with itself
(parallel/distributed computations), with Mathematica, and MuPAD
(i.e., SINGULAR can be called from these programs and vice-versa).